Department of Philosophy
The Department of Philosophy was introduced in 2011 as an elective subject for general degree courses. The department had one Associate Professor who had been transferred recently and presently two Post Graduate Teachers are managing the department.
“Our prime vision is to educate and decorate the students mind with the finest abstract qualities like honesty, fraternity, sympathy and above all humanity”.
The aim of the department is to accelerate the students’ inner quality and enrichment of personality with the potentialities they possessed.
B.A pass, three years duration, since 2014 Choice based credit system began.
B.A pass- unlimited seats
- Any student passing H.S. (+2)/equivalent examination with at least 4 subjects including English from any recognized Board/Council will be eligible for admission to the 1st Semester of the B.A. (Honours/General) programme, subject to the availability of seats.
- No student will be allowed for admission in the 1st Semester course of studies after a lapse of 05(five) years from the year of passing of the previous qualifying examination.
- A candidate opting for Honours in any subject must have to obtain (a) 40% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the subject in which she/he seeks Honours. OR (b) 35% in aggregate and 50% in the concerned subject in the H.S. (+2) examination. However selection of the student will depend on the availability of seats and their position in order of merit (based on aggregate of total marks obtained plus preferred subject for Honours)
- Any one securing at least 50% marks in aggregate will be eligible for taking Honours in a subject which she/he did not study in H.S. (+2) or equivalent examination, subject to restriction of combination as per university rules.
- A candidate who appeared but could not obtain pass marks in a particular subject in the H.S. (+2) examination will not be allowed to take that subject as an elective or Honours subject in the Degree Course. Honours will not be offered in a subject in which the candidate passed in Compartmental Exam.
- No student will be allowed to pursue more than one regular programmes simultaneously offered by Tripura University.
- A student will have to apply for University Registration in prescribed form within 30 days from last date of admission.
- Reservation for SC/ST/PWD (with 40% and above disability) will be governed by the State Govt. reservation policy. i.e., 31% seats reserved for ST, 17% for SC and 3% for PWD.
- The candidate who has passed in the previous years will not be given priority in merit list and will be treated as per norms.
Name of Faculty
Smt. Tapati Bhattacharya
Post graduate teacher
M.A, MPhil, B.ed
Smt. Rupa Banik
Post graduate teacher
Dr. Bhupendra Debbarma
Philosophy of Religion