Department of Hindi
Department of Hindi is the youngest department of the College. It was introduced in 2014 as an elective subject. It has only one permanent faculty that maintain perfect teacher-student ratio. The department is dedicated to create bright future and all round development to provide knowledge fostering communicative skills, ethnic harmony, cultural activities and social service.
To impart knowledge of Hindi as national and official language of India. Its literature and functional Hindi to non-Hindi speaking students through innovative.
The department aims to impart relevant good quality education to the students by inculcating the value of Indian cultural diversity and to teach the students the value of self reliance and service.
According to the Tripura Central University order, the department is entitled to offer as an elective subject for B.A General Degree courses in both odd and even semester system.
The department is permitted to intake innumerable students. The intake capacity may increases with further notification
- Any student passing H.S. (+2)/equivalent examination with at least 4 subjects including English from any recognized Board/Council will be eligible for admission to the 1st Semester of the B.A. (Honours/General) programme, subject to the availability of seats.
- No student will be allowed for admission in the 1st Semester course of studies after a lapse of 05(five) years from the year of passing of the previous qualifying examination.
- A candidate opting for Honours in any subject must have to obtain (a) 40% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the subject in which she/he seeks Honours. OR (b) 35% in aggregate and 50% in the concerned subject in the H.S. (+2) examination. However selection of the student will depend on the availability of seats and their position in order of merit (based on aggregate of total marks obtained plus preferred subject for Honours)
- Any one securing at least 50% marks in aggregate will be eligible for taking Honours in a subject which she/he did not study in H.S. (+2) or equivalent examination, subject to restriction of combination as per university rules.
- A candidate who appeared but could not obtain pass marks in a particular subject in the H.S. (+2) examination will not be allowed to take that subject as an elective or Honours subject in the Degree Course. Honours will not be offered in a subject in which the candidate passed in Compartmental Exam.
- No student will be allowed to pursue more than one regular programmes simultaneously offered by Tripura University.
- A student will have to apply for University Registration in prescribed form within 30 days from last date of admission.
- Reservation for SC/ST/PWD (with 40% and above disability) will be governed by the State Govt. reservation policy. i.e., 31% seats reserved for ST, 17% for SC and 3% for PWD.
The candidate who has passed in the previous years will not be given priority in merit list and will be treated as per norms.
Name of Faculty
Miss. Satapdi Chakrabarty
M.A, B.ed, M.ed