Department of Education
The Department of Education started in the year 2007 as a general course but the department began its honours course from the year 2011.
The main objective of the department is to accelerate and promote students inner quality and enrichment of their personality. Potentiality is there among the students and the departments sincere endeavours is to make every student perfect, updated, ethically strong and most importantly as good human being. The department praise vision is to educate and decorate every student’s mindset with finest abstract qualities, honesty, fellow feelings and sympathy. In this way, they will become good and responsible citizen of the soil. Along with this vision, our mission is to prepare our students for this hard competitive era.
According to the Tripura Central University order, the department is entitled to offer B.A Honours and General degree courses in both odd and even semester system.
The department is permitted to intake 20 seats only for major and innumerable general seats. The intake capacity for major courses may increases with further notifications so as there may be limitations on the general courses.
- Any student passing H.S. (+2)/equivalent examination with at least 4 subjects including English from any recognized Board/Council will be eligible for admission to the 1st Semester of the B.A. (Honours/General) programme, subject to the availability of seats.
- No student will be allowed for admission in the 1st Semester course of studies after a lapse of 05(five) years from the year of passing of the previous qualifying examination.
- A candidate opting for Honours in any subject must have to obtain (a) 40% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the subject in which she/he seeks Honours. OR (b) 35% in aggregate and 50% in the concerned subject in the H.S. (+2) examination. However selection of the student will depend on the availability of seats and their position in order of merit (based on aggregate of total marks obtained plus preferred subject for Honours)
- Any one securing at least 50% marks in aggregate will be eligible for taking Honours in a subject which she/he did not study in H.S. (+2) or equivalent examination, subject to restriction of combination as per university rules.
- A candidate who appeared but could not obtain pass marks in a particular subject in the H.S. (+2) examination will not be allowed to take that subject as an elective or Honours subject in the Degree Course. Honours will not be offered in a subject in which the candidate passed in Compartmental Exam.
- No student will be allowed to pursue more than one regular programmes simultaneously offered by Tripura University.
- A student will have to apply for University Registration in prescribed form within 30 days from last date of admission.
- Reservation for SC/ST/PWD (with 40% and above disability) will be governed by the State Govt. reservation policy. i.e., 31% seats reserved for ST, 17% for SC and 3% for PWD.
The candidate who has passed in the previous years will not be given priority in merit list and will be as per norms.
Name of Faculty
Mr. Daniel Debbarma
Creativity & intelligence
Smt. Mandira Deb
Creativity and intelligence
Intelligence and creativity