Department of Kokborok
The Department of Kokborok started in 2011 with the introduction of certificate course for six months. It began offering as an elective subject for B.A from 2012 with just two Guest lecturers. The overall performance of the department is extremely good. As a result, many students have qualified to pursue M.A in Kokborok at Tripura Central University. Kokborok language belongs to the Tibeto-Burman language of Bodo-Garo sub-group of greater Sino-Tibetan language family which is extensively spoken in the North-eastern state of Tripura, lower part of Assam and Chittagong hill areas of Bangladesh.
To promote, propagate, profess and enrich the language and literature through research and documentation
The department aims to:
1. Teach on history of Kokborok language.
2. Enable students to learn Kokborok literature.
3. Teach and learn Kokborok linguistic aspects.
4. Develop students’ skill in research and writings.
5. Promote interest and knowledge about the linguistic, literary works.
6. Prepare students to contribute to society.
According to the Tripura Central University order, the department is entitled to offer as an elective subject for B.A General Degree courses in both odd and even semester system.
The department is permitted to intake innumerable students. The intake capacity may increases with further notification.
- Any student passing H.S. (+2)/equivalent examination with at least 4 subjects including English from any recognized Board/Council will be eligible for admission to the 1st Semester of the B.A. (Honours/General) programme, subject to the availability of seats.
- No student will be allowed for admission in the 1st Semester course of studies after a lapse of 05(five) years from the year of passing of the previous qualifying examination.
- A candidate opting for Honours in any subject must have to obtain (a) 40% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the subject in which she/he seeks Honours. OR (b) 35% in aggregate and 50% in the concerned subject in the H.S. (+2) examination. However selection of the student will depend on the availability of seats and their position in order of merit (based on aggregate of total marks obtained plus preferred subject for Honours)
- Any one securing at least 50% marks in aggregate will be eligible for taking Honours in a subject which she/he did not study in H.S. (+2) or equivalent examination, subject to restriction of combination as per university rules.
- A candidate who appeared but could not obtain pass marks in a particular subject in the H.S. (+2) examination will not be allowed to take that subject as an elective or Honours subject in the Degree Course. Honours will not be offered in a subject in which the candidate passed in Compartmental Exam.
- No student will be allowed to pursue more than one regular programmes simultaneously offered by Tripura University.
- A student will have to apply for University Registration in prescribed form within 30 days from last date of admission.
- Reservation for SC/ST/PWD (with 40% and above disability) will be governed by the State Govt. reservation policy. i.e., 31% seats reserved for ST, 17% for SC and 3% for PWD.
- The candidate who has passed in the previous years will not be given priority in merit list and will be treated as per norms.
Name of Faculty
Ancient, Medieval and modern poem of Kokborok
Smt. Bharat KanyaDebbarma
Affixation of Kokborok, linguistic