Internal Quality Assurance Cell
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Government Degree College, Khumulwng was established in 2018 and has become an integral part of the institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. Over the years, the IQAC has developed a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the college, evolved mechanisms and procedures for ensuring that the objectives of the IQAC as envisaged by NAAC are met and has made a significant and meaningful contribution towards channelizing efforts and measures towards academic excellence.
The IQAC of the College coordinates all quality-related activities by developing an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication. It works to enhance and integrate the various activities of the College and to ensure the adoption and dissemination of good practices.
An effective feedback system has been developed to facilitate the feedback process to monitor the quality and efficacy of the policies and processes of the institution.
Objectives and Functions of IQAC
- Coordinate quality-related activities by developing an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication
- Integrating the activities of the College to ensure adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Creating and maintaining a system of feedback on processes and policies of the College from stakeholders.
- To coordinate programmes that aim at advancing the career prospects of faculty members.
- To initiate the integration of new methods of teaching, learning and evaluation, especially methods that are technology-oriented.
- Organise workshops and seminars on quality-related issues/themes and thus promote a culture of quality in all areas and activities of the College.
- Promote the creation and maintenance of a learner-centric environment and adoption of participatory teaching and learning.
- Contribute to the decision-making process related to the functioning of the institution.
- Promote inter- institutional endeavours to facilitate resource sharing and promotion of research.