Department of Bengali
The Department of Bengali commenced with the establishment of the College in 2007. The department has a prestigious history regarding results and performances of the students, which is more than 95 percent. Which is really encouraging the faculties of the department. The department has glorious culutural activities as the department itself is related to literary activities. The students are very active and spontaneous. Various cultural activities and programmes had been organized by the department.
“The main aim of the department is to acquired excellence in the student’s inner quality and realize their potentialities. Enrichment and development of the students personality is another aim”.
According to the Tripura Central University order, the department is entitled to offer B.A Honours and General degree courses in both odd and even semester system.
The department is permitted to intake 20 seats only for major and innumerable general seats. The intake capacity for major courses may increases with further notifications so as there may be limitations on the general courses.
- Any student passing H.S. (+2)/equivalent examination with at least 4 subjects including English from any recognized Board/Council will be eligible for admission to the 1st Semester of the B.A. (Honours/General) programme, subject to the availability of seats.
- No student will be allowed for admission in the 1st Semester course of studies after a lapse of 05(five) years from the year of passing of the previous qualifying examination.
- A candidate opting for Honours in any subject must have to obtain (a) 40% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the subject in which she/he seeks Honours. OR (b) 35% in aggregate and 50% in the concerned subject in the H.S. (+2) examination. However selection of the student will depend on the availability of seats and their position in order of merit (based on aggregate of total marks obtained plus preferred subject for Honours)
- Any one securing at least 50% marks in aggregate will be eligible for taking Honours in a subject which she/he did not study in H.S. (+2) or equivalent examination, subject to restriction of combination as per university rules.
- A candidate who appeared but could not obtain pass marks in a particular subject in the H.S. (+2) examination will not be allowed to take that subject as an elective or Honours subject in the Degree Course. Honours will not be offered in a subject in which the candidate passed in Compartmental Exam.
- No student will be allowed to pursue more than one regular programmes simultaneously offered by Tripura University.
- A student will have to apply for University Registration in prescribed form within 30 days from last date of admission.
- Reservation for SC/ST/PWD (with 40% and above disability) will be governed by the State Govt. reservation policy. i.e., 31% seats reserved for ST, 17% for SC and 3% for PWD.
- The candidate who has passed in the previous years will not be given priority in merit list and will be treated as per norms.